There are a lot of luaus to choose from on Oahu, and while a lot of the popular ones are at least a 30-minute drive from Waikiki, there are a few to choose from a little closer to where most our couples stay.
We did enjoy the luau at the Royal Hawaiian, but most of us agreed we preferred our experience at Diamond Head Luau a little more.
No matter which luau you choose, you can't really go wrong (Ka Moana is still our favorite). They're all a great cultural experience, and if you're with a group or children, you're bound to have a great time!
Here are a few reasons we love Diamond Head Luau:
- We loved the show, the environment, and the buffet!
- We love the location. Located at the Waikiki Aquarium, it's not too far from most Waikiki hotels, and it's right next to the beach.
- We love the "farm to table" concept.
- They have a great mix of cultural activities before the show and dinner begins, such as hula lessons, lei making, headband weaving, and more.
- You can check out the aquarium from 5:20 to 6:00pm. Price included in your ticket.
You can easily make reservations from their website, or you can let us know your dates and seating choices, and we can secure a reservation for you.
January 2020 pricing
Hawaii is full of amazing things to do, and luaus are something that you probably want to experience at least once :)